Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Purple Poo and The Bad Boys

I've been working hard to get to know all 20 of Maria's focals, and feel rather successful. Until now I've been following the 11 or so that I feel confident in IDing, which are mostly the old guys. The older rhesus monkeys, namely N60 and K85 are easy to see because of their distinctive walks. N60 has a bump on his nose, walks with his back up, and has been attached at the him to a young female since I've been here. K85 has a very straight mouth, and has tons of loose skin where he used to have fat that hangs when he walks.
The purple poo? The purple poo has finally ended. The last few weeks the monkeys were eating primarily purple berries, instead of their monkey chow, which gives them terrible bright purple diharreah. I can't collect diharreah because it disrupts testosterone levels, making my week soo difficult! This week they are finally eating chow again, thank goodnes.
There are 4 women working in my group of monkeys, group R. We get to gossip and discuss them all day, but I guess I have a major difference of opinion about which adult males are likable. I tend to like the high rankin ones, who walk around with their tails sooooo high in the air, and terrorize everyone. I think I like them the best because they are the easiest to find because high ranking males are usually in the center of the group, whereas lower ranking males are on the "less safe" outskirts of the group. One of them, 83L, looks like a teddy bear to me. Its true though, he is rather rude which his terrorizing techniques as he bullies others around. He'll push males, females, and babies off their sitting spots if they don't move out of his way. At least he poos a lot.
Loren and Sarah are visiting me!!!! I'll get to all these adventures soon!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I love Jenna stories almost as much as I love poop stories, so you can imagine how heavenly I find this blog. Purple diarrhea!

If I'm long-term unemployed, can I come and visit, too?