Friday, July 25, 2008

My camera works = A day in the life.

First of all, thank you Mom for making my camera work again, I don't really understand how you're so efficient but I appreciate it!


Second, I'm figuring out how to format this blog. By that I mean I notice that it is not formatted very well, and I wish I knew how to better it.














(Above) This is the dock where we meet every morning at 6:50, and the boat ride to the island. That's Grace on the right and Doreen in the back.

(Above) Lunch cage. Though its a cage, its comfy. It keeps our food safe from monkeys.
(Below) View from the lunch cage, the lower coral where monkeys get chow, and a water hole, so there's always something entertainin' to look at.
(Above) What we do in the lunch cage. Its true, naps are scrumptious, even on the single wooden bench that's provided

. The monkeys sit around until they get fed, usually between 7:30 and 8:30. On the left is 83L, a dude from which I collect fecal samples. He is alone getting his monkey chow because he just so pompous that he'll scare anyone else away, while on the right the monkeys are nice enough to share elbow room.


This guy I hate. He is 50B and he just doesn't prove very good samples. He has some idiosyncracies, such as here, where he is licking a tree. He also licks bricks, rocks, and metal. It may be a taste thing, it may be a minteral/nutrient thing, I just call him a loser because its fun to have someone to make fun of, especially when they don't "mind."


This is Paco's boat, one of those crazy old men I mentioned a few blogs ago. I'll get a better picture eventually, but every few days he takes groups around the island to see monkeys and snorkel, while playing loud music. I enjoy it. This female is threatening me, and she has a rediculous, very swollen forhead. The females get this when they are pregnant, with increasing swellings on their faces until they give birth. I hear that her's is going to get a lot worse than this because she still has at least a month to go. Damn.


Today, Friday, when we returned from the island to mass beach party on OUR beach. The picture is from the middle of the dock and right there on the left where the red car is located is where my street ends, and I usually walk my dog, but on a desolate beach. It's a holiday, I'm not sure what its called, but it is in honor of the Puerto Rican Constitution. This is what beach parties look like, you drive your car onto the beach, set up some chairs, then make out with your honey in the water, and maybe ride a wave runner. Puerto Rico IS a beach party.

No comments: